Close-out level for Professional account clients is set at 30%
Please find below the Used Margin thresholds for Professional customers with ActivTrader platform. If the used margin in client’s accounts exceeds the thresholds set below, the respective coefficient will be applied to the leverage for each of the trading instruments, for the part of the position exceeding the threshold itself.
|Used Margin GBP||Coefficient|
|130k – 260k||0.5|
A client with Spread betting account and leverage 1:400 has Long position for 3050 lots EURUSD (at
Margin requirement for this position is 126 000 GBP
- 60 000 GBP for the first 2000 lots with 1:400 leverage
- 60 000 GBP for the next 1000 lots with 1:200 leverage
- 6 000 GBP for the final 50 lots with 1:100 leverage
The next trade Buy 100 lots EURUSD will consume 20 001 GBP margin
- 4 000 GBP for the first 33.33 lots – bringing the Used margin to 130 000 GBP
- 16 001 GBP for the next 66.67 lots – leverage 1:50 (coefficient 0.5 applied to 1:100 leverage)
A client can have positions in different instruments that again bring the used margin above the thresholds
A client with Spread betting account and leverage 1:400 has Long position for 2250 lots Ger30Sb1218
(at price 11000) and Short position in GOLD for 560 lots (at price 1250).
Total used margin is 127 500 GBP
- 27 500 GBP for Long position for the first 1000 lots in Ger30Sb1218 at 1:400 leverage
- 55 000 GBP for Long position for the next 1000 lots in Ger30Sb1218 at 1:200 leverage
- 27 500 GBP for Long position for the final 250 lots in Ger30Sb1218 at 1:100 leverage
- 17 500 GBP Short position in GOLD for 560 lots at 1:400 leverage
The next trade Buy 100 lots EURUSD (at price 1.20) will consume 3 500 GBP margin
- 2 500 GBP for the first 833 lots at leverage 1:400 – bringing the Used margin to 130 000 GBP
- 1 000 GBP for the next 16.67 lots – leverage 1:200 (coefficient 0.5 applied to 1:400 leverage)
If a client has more than 1 account, the Used margin thresholds are reduced proportionately to the number of
accounts. Thus a client with 2 accounts in EUR will have Used margin GBP threshold for each of the accounts reduced
ActivTrader Platform will display the exact margin requirement for each position that clients intend to open.
At ActivTrades, we offer a wide range of financial instruments from around the world. Our markets include indices, financials, metals, commodities and currencies. For information on spread betting currencies, please click here.
Our metals and commodities expire on a specific date and are structured like a CFD forward. Please see CFD specs for more information.
Placing a spread bet is simple, the ‘buy’ transactions are made at the higher end of the spread, the ask price, and ‘sell’ at the lower end, the bid price. The difference between the bid and the ask is called the spread. ActivTrades offers competitive, tight spreads on major markets with the same rates as for our CFDs. View CFDs spreads here.
The margin requirement for CFDs is variable and depends on the chosen account leverage on one hand, and the contract value of the CFD on the other. The initial margin is determined at the time the position is opened. This margin can be derived by multiplying the price level of the index or commodity with its point value; as specified in our contract specifications table. This total is the contract value to which the leverage is applied. Then the total is converted into the account’s currency (with the current exchange rate).
Margins are calculated mark-to-market. The margins presented in this page are for information purposes only and based on the closing prices of the previous trading day.
|1000-2500 LOTS||> 2500 LOTS|
|100-250 LOTS||> 250 LOTS|
(*) Applicable 1 hour before the closing.
ActivTrades reserves the right to change margins at any times following market conditions.
Please note, different margins apply to institutional clients.