Benefit from our Superior Privileges
With an ActivTrades Professional Trading Account, you will have full access to the following benefits
FSCS Protection + Enhanced Insurance
Our additional insurance protects your capital up to £1,000,000*
Your funds will be kept in a segregated account at all times
Enjoy up to 1:400 leverage when you trade with us
We will reset your balance to zero if it becomes negative
Tailored News and Analysis
Exclusive technical analysis from leading experts
Dedicated Account Representative
Get professional assistance along your trading journey
Are you eligible for our Professional Account?
To apply for a professional trading account, you must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
- You must have carried out significantly large transactions, in the relevant market, on average 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters.
- N.B., You will be required to provide print-outs of your trading history with your former broker. The print-outs must be for the most recent four quarters.
- The size of your financial instrument portfolio, including cash deposits and financial assets, must exceed 500,000 EUR. This might include, but is not limited to, saving accounts, options, shares portfolios, equities and investment in funds.
- N.B., You will be required to provide evidence in the form of account statements.
- You currently work or have worked, as an employee (not self-employed) in a regulated financial firm for at least one year in a professional position which requires knowledge of the transactions or services you wish to trade.
- N.B., We will contact you to explain the evidence required. If you are still employed by the regulated financial firm, we will also need confirmation that your employer permits you to hold an account with us. This may mean we need to contact your employer.
You will be asked to provide documentary evidence to ensure the above criteria is met as part of the account opening process. Please bear in mind that you will need to notify us if your circumstances change and you no longer meet the above criteria
*As a professional client you will normally be eligible to make a claim against the FSCS and our insurance policy, and take any complaint you might have to the Financial Ombudsman Service, so long as your account with ActivTrades is not your main trade or business. If you need further information on this please contact us.
Visit the FCA website for a definition of Elective Professional Clients