One Time- Password
The One-Time Password (OTP) feature provides further security, by creating a single OTP every time you access your account.
The OTP is created through the mobile terminal for iPhone and Android. Follow our step by step guide to activate this feature.
1. Go to the settings of the MetaTrader app.
2. For security reasons you will be required to make a 4 digit password. Remember this password, as you will need it each time you access the one time password generator.
3. When this window opens select ‘bind account’
4. You will need to select the server for the trading account, enter the account number and your account PASSWORD.
Once completed tap ‘bind’ on the top right hand corner of the screen.
5. The trading account you have entered will now be linked to OTP generator and the above page should appear.
You can bind an unlimited number of accounts to the generator.
6. The one-time password is displayed. The blue moving bar underneath the OTP, indicates how long the password will be valid for. You have 30 seconds to use the password.
After 30 seconds the password is no longer usable and you will need to create a new one.
7. Once your trading account is linked to the generator, you will also be required to enter a one-time password in the desktop terminal.